It’s Prosperity, Stupid: 10 Ways Trump Policy Sent Economy to New Records
Here are 10 reasons why more than three-quarters of American voters approve of the economy under President Donald Trump.
In a CNN poll this week, 76% say the economy is very good or “just plain” good.
A stunning 60% of large and small business owners in a CNBC poll say they approve of President Trump’s job performance, which is at an “all time high.”
- Trump has created a whopping 7 nillion new jobs. By cutting President Barack Obama’s new taxes on small businesses, the economy has grown organically for the first time in 30 years. While Obama fought to bring back jobs lost while in his first year as president, Obama created trillions of new debt just to temporarily hire back a few of the 5 million workers who had been laid off in 2009. In contrast, President Trump has created “new jobs” and the best economy in 50 years in just 3 years.
- No wasteful wars, real foreign policy and real diplomacy. Obama got us into new wars in Syria, Libya, and Yemen and more. During Obama, diplomats and ambassadors were assassinated and one of our nation’s consulates was invaded and blown up.
- Hispanic, Asian, and all minority employment has hit all-time records. All minorities have finally benefited under a president. Overall unemployment has fallen from 4.8 percent to an unimaginable 50 year low of 3.5% percent. In a recent CNBC poll, 85% of workers happy with their jobs under Trump which is nothing short of amazing.
- Fair trade. U.S. is forcing other nations to play fair. Not a single bureaucrat supported the renegotiation of NAFTA, NATO or TPP. The U.S. has entered a new paradigm of diplomacy where our diplomats are negotiating fiercely for worker families to prevent bad deals. Withdrawing from bad deals of the past which has hurt working families and killed jobs on the East and West Coast for a generation.
- Fair taxes on small business and corporations which hire people. Rather than the worst in the world, the Trump Tax Reform has made the U.S. the most competitive place to do business. The new small business deductions and larger standard deductions have increased worker paychecks and spending on Main Street. Under Obama in 2016, the U.S. business taxes were ranked the worst in the world.
- Strong stock markets under Trump help over 50% of all working families with a better retirement. Trump’s economic strategy has helped create 10 trillion in new wealth for our nation. In contrast, the NASDAQ was at the same in 2016 under Obama as it was during Clinton 17 years before. A study by the Federal Reserve Board found that in 2016, 51.9 percent of families owned stocks, either directly or as part of a fund.
- Fair immigration. We have plenty of elderly, orphans, widows, and needy located in the U.S. As an international lawyer who has studied immigration law and trade, we must make it fair again for our citizens and relatives abroad. Lastly, there are over 50 American Nations and territories in our American hemisphere. Thus, there needs to be a conscious innovation of immigration laws for every country. Talk to any immigration lawyer and they may tell you that the laws for H1B, Asylum and Refugees have been outdated and were written before Obama even attend law school.
- Reduction in crime, drug death, and riots. While inner city crime is still a problem in big city controlled strongholds such as Detroit and Chicago, crime has gone down 5% less under Trump which is massive. We had the first reduction in drug deaths under President Trump as opioid death went down 2.8 percent from 2017 to 2018. While Obama was in office, about 500,000 died from opioid related death with the number going up each year under Obama, but that number is finally going down under Trump’s border control strategy and other common sense “law and order” policies. There have been 1 million parents or children who lost a child or parent under Obama, and these voters may be inclined to support a leader who cares about and invests into combating the issue.
- Affordable education and education costs coming down with more skills courses available. With new initiatives from the White House, new online programs are being expanded to support those who want affordable education. From Coursera to EdX to Google and others, new online programs supported by the Trump Administration are now available to working parents, the disabled, elderly and those in rural areas. Some courses and degree programs are at little or no cost. Higher education will have many changes in the near future as more options are available.
- Cost of debt went down for families thanks to President Trump. President Trump is the first president in history to lobby the Federal Reserve to reduce the interest rates on mortgages, credit cards, and auto loans. Trump is the first president to comprehend that raising interest rates on working families kills the ability for working moms and dads to pay bills or save money. The Federal Reserve’s new higher rates in 2017-18 hit hardest the people living from paycheck to paycheck, and President Trump was able to “wake up” the Fed to the “disposable income” realities of working folks outside of DC and New York.
In the end, if you know somebody who dislikes President Trump and loved Obama and Clinton, that is common because the New York media told the American people that Trump only had a 7% chance of winning. Today, millions of people are truly sad with the performance failures of the Obama Presidency. Some are also having trouble recovering from the failures of the Clinton’s various runs for president. Obama had a rough time coming back from the Federal Reserve rates of over 5% in 2007 which wiped out the economy for Bush and Obama. Obama spent almost all of his presidency trying to get the 5 million jobs back that were lost in his 1st year in office, but Obama’s tax and regulatory framework were too punitive for workers and small businesses which kept wages and growth at a standstill.
It is fundamentally amazing that a reduction in: taxes, red tape, war, and waste could create such a vibrant economy under President Trump and Senate Leader Mitch McConnell. The rest of the world is looking at the U.S. like they did during the Reagan years, and we are all grateful for this moment in time of “peace and prosperity.”